Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I am divorced since 2008 receiving child support as agreed

Customer Question
in court by auto pay...
i am divorced since 2008 receiving child support as agreed in court by auto pay, custody arranged for my 2 girls is joint custody.. as of may, my oldest daughter has decided to only stay with me overnight. how do i request a change in status. I live in Nj, originally filed in bergen but now i live in passaic county
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
8/15/2017
Family Lawyer: Sue, Family Law Attorney replied 4 months ago
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, Heather, welcome to the site. I’m here to help you today. I am a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I’d like to review your questionfor a few minutes, type your answer and then I’ll be right back.

Sue

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

You can file a motion for change of venue to Passaic County.

Then you can file a motion to change custody and adjust the child support amount for your oldest daughter.

Here are some links that may be helpful.

Here is a Passaic County court directory, here is the Passaic County self-help facility and here is a New Jersey courts self-help site. The latter seems most suited to your needs.

Here is the Bergen County court directory and here is the Bergen County self-help facility.

My suggestion is to start by calling the Bergen County self-help center to ask for forms to change venue to Passaic County, and take it from there.

Please let me know if you are comfortable using these resources, or if I can provide other assistance, okay?

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. I hope I have provided you the information you were seeking. If you’re satisfied with my assistance, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help or have any further questions, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Sue
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney