Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How is child support amount determined in the state of

Florida? Is it based on...
How is child support amount determined in the state of Florida? Is it based on the fathers income or age and need of the child... what's the average cost for two children ages 8 and 1?
8/15/2017
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Child support is based on the incomes of both parents and which parent has primary physical custody of the children.

I can estimate support if you can tell me the following:

1. Your monthly income

2. The other parent's monthly income?

3. Which of you will have primary physical custody of the children?

4. Who pays for the health insurance for the kids and what is the monthly cost?

5. Are either of the kids in day care and if so, which parent pays and how much do they pay?

Doug

The father is the only working parent and has about 100,000 yearly salary. The father pays 600.00 a month for daycare and pays all medical bills for the children at this time. The mother doesn't work and has no other income but has the most physical contact with the children. There is also a pending eviction notice for the mother if the best option due to damages on property and refusal to work
The father has complete ownership of property as well

Good afternoon,

Thank you for the information. I will presume for the sake of determining support that the mother has primary custody.

Given the facts that you have provided, under Florida law and using the Florida child support estimator, the child support to be paid by the father, in addition to the day care and the health insurance that must be paid for the children, child support payable to the mother will be approximately $1,875.00 per month.

You may reply to me again if you have additional questions, and I will be happy to continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug

Does this include mortgage as well bc the mother is living on the fathers property that he pays for? Do you think an eviction would be a good idea in order to lower the father's cost? 1875.00 plus mortgage is a lot and the father does not live there at this time

That is all the money that will be paid for child support, period. The mother must cover all of her expenses out of that money. The mother will likely be forced to move from the father's property if she does not own it and the father wants her out. The father has no legal obligation to pay support AND provide free housing to the mother and the children.

Please rate my service to you. Thanks in advance,

Doug

Ok thank you!

Thank you for your kind words. They are very much appreciated. Unfortunately, your gratitude alone is not sufficient for me to be compensated for my having assisted you, as I am not an employee of the site, but an independent site expert. I am not paid unless you rate my service.

I need for you to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars located on your answer page---preferably 5-stars. It is that easy.

Thanks in advance.

I wish you the best,

Doug

Ok will do!

Thanks for agreeing to rate me. Are you aware that the rating stars are on your screen right now? All you need to do is click on them.

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law

Thank you for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope that you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise. I am generally available at least 6 days a week, and often 7, and it would be my privilege to assist you again in the future.

I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply asking for me by name, Doug, in the first sentence of your new question.

Thanks again.

Doug