Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

When calculating child support on Az worksheet; what income…

When calculating child support on...
When calculating child support on Az worksheet; what income is entered for an individual (with a trust) filing a 1040 with attached forms and schedules? On their Form 1116 (line 3e), it shows an income, however, her adjusted gross income shows a negative; can she really claim zero income on child support worksheet? She owns many properties and is worth millions.
8/14/2017
Taylor
Taylor, Attorney

hey my name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help!

Ok, thank you.

has the court approved the child support agreement?

the only money that she can use for adjusting her gross income is :

1- spousal support from prior marriage

2- child support from prior relationship

3- money for other custodial relationships

4- for support of natural/adopted relationships.

do you have an attorney helping you through this process?

however, one child has emancipated and we are recalculating the support. Now She claims zero income, yet form 1116 clearly states "Gross income from all Sources" and she is in the black.

has it been approved since she made these changes to her in the negative?

I do not have attorney

i would highly suggest hiring a local attorney. that way he/she can look over the specifics of the forms. it is difficult without having them in front of me. but it sounds like you need to petition the court to re-evaluate the numbers she is attesting to.

Further, a local attorney would be able to walk you through that process and ensure that you were covered entirely. is she currently not making any income? if its savings, 401k, IRA that sort of stuff isnt considered income. however the rental properties would be and any employment she was under.

We are going to mediation tomorrow. She states she's in negative, which her taxes bot***** *****nes states. However on form 1116 she clearly made money; if her trust or investments ate it or not.

i would suggest hiring an attorney to help you postpone the mediation or attend it with you.

She has applied for disability. Lives in million dollar home, condo on Coronado island etc. I'm sure she has good tax attorney to make it negative. There is still income showing on firm 1116

i would make sure you explain your portion to the judge tomorrow. she wont be able to fool the judge or lie about her income without being questioned. but i highly suggest hiring a local attorney to help you through this process, especially tomorrow.

A hearing is set immediately after mediation if can't come to an agreement. What are my chances with a just making the decision?

without seeing the specific document it is difficult for me to answer further. do you have any more specific questions for me?

there is a chance of mediation settling the claim, but without knowing the specifics and more about the case and how far apart the two sides are... it is very difficult for me to know your chances. from what it sounds the two sides are quite far apart and thus mediation will be difficult.

Taylor
Taylor, Attorney
That's what I feel, as well. Thank you so much for your help and expertise!!

best of luck!!