Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I have a question for you.I find out recently that my 3

kid's from a previous marriage...
I have a question for you.I find out recently that my 3 kid's from a previous marriage doesn't live w/there dad anymore!2 of them are over 18,the youngest one is about to turn eighteen next year!How can I stop child support payments! The one that's under eighteen is living w/poster parent!The child support needs to stop since there no longer living under his roof!
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live in Nashville TN!
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No not really!
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it!
8/14/2017
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, welcome to the site! I’m here to help you today. I am a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I’d like to review your question for a few minutes, type your answer and then I’ll be right back.

Sue

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

You can file a motion to terminate child support in the court and proceeding where it was ordered. Are you comfortable using your local forms?

Sue

How can we stop child support payment's? Here in TN,like I said 2 of my kids are over 18!The one that's under eighteen is living w/poster parent's. None of them live under his roof! I thought child support is for kids that still lives w/you! That money is for them not him!The back child support payment doest matter!At least get things modified!
I don't mind using local forms!

I'm so sorry I cannot accomodate a phone call right now. Do you want me to return your inquiry to the website or is there more I can help you with via this messaging?

Sue

I can file a motion to terminate child support!Where do I file this paperwork?

You'll file it at the court where the child support was ordered and in the proceeding it was ordered, e.g. paternity, divorce.

Sue

Where do I get this paperwork?Do I get this at the clerk's office?Maybe I can pull-out this paperwork on any site?
Thank you for your answer I'll take it from here!

Yes the clerk's office is a good place to start. You might also try your local law library, connected to your court system and/or any local law school.

If you do a web search for court forms in your city/county, the court website often has court forms available, and many jurisdictions now have self-help resources available.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. I hope I have provided you the information you were seeking. If you’re satisfied with my assistance, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help or have any further questions, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Best wishes,

Sue

Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney
Sue
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney