Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
11313492

If my husband consents to a paternity test to determine if

If my husband consents to a paternity test to determine if he is definitely the father of a child conceived 41 years ago, could the mother or possible daughter file child support and be awarded. the father and mother were never legal married and no paternity test was taken after the child was born, again over 41 years ago.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Sorry, this is in Texas.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. My husband has consented to a paternity test. I just thought about this as he has not and decided I (as his wife) may need to attempt to find out if this is a possibility as the mother and daughter just called a week ago wanting to meet the father.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The alleged daughter is currently married. I am not sure about her mother. My husband does not deny dating this person in College (when this occurred) but is not 100% certain this is his child as the mother had other relationships. I am questioning why bring this up after 41 years.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

if paternity is established, back support can be pursued!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for the answer as I simply wanted to know legally if after so much time had elapsed was this a possible.

Possible and available!

Good luck

Kindly rate me 5 stars