Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I received spousal support after my divorce in 2005. I

I received spousal support after...
I received spousal support after my divorce in 2005. I cohabited with a boyfriend for 3 years and my ex sued for termination of support, which was, in fact, terminated. The cohabitation lasted from 2007 until 2010. I have been living single for 7 years now. Can the original support be reinstated?
Can the original spousal support be reinstated?
8/12/2017
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If spousal support was terminated, it can not be reinstated, if the relationship which was the basis of the termination, is not longer present or existing. The court does not allow parties to go back and get support reinstated, if it was terminated, as a result of the relationship not continuing and the party who made this decision, would be left without support, if it was terminated. I understand that you were with this person for 3 years and have been single for 7 but a Judge is not going to reinstate it and make your ex pay, at this time.

Thanks

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer