Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 17 years experience
19958803

I have a question...I know a nearly 21 year old who is

Customer Question

I have a question...I know a nearly 21 year old who is intimate with a 17 year old. Is that legal in VA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The 17 year old male has purchased illegal drugs
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

..I know a nearly 21 year old who is intimate with a 17 year old. Is that legal in VA

.

No, that would be illegal as the age of consent in VA is 18. So that would be considered statutory rape of a minor if there was sexual intercourse that was occurring.

.

.

thanks