Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a question...I know a nearly 21 year old who is

Customer Question
I have a question...I...

I have a question...I know a nearly 21 year old who is intimate with a 17 year old. Is that legal in VA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The 17 year old male has purchased illegal drugs

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
8/9/2017
Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

..I know a nearly 21 year old who is intimate with a 17 year old. Is that legal in VA

.

No, that would be illegal as the age of consent in VA is 18. So that would be considered statutory rape of a minor if there was sexual intercourse that was occurring.

.

.

thanks