Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
19958803

My father passed away a few years ago and the only one that

Customer Question

My father passed away a few years ago and the only one that has my grandparents contact information is my aunt and she will not tell me we're they are orbgibe me any contact information about them
JA: Have any legal documents been drafted or filed?
Customer: No
JA: Estate planning laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: In Illinois but my grandparents live in Florida
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

I have read your comments, but I am not sure what your legal question is?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Since my aunt is the only one with my grandparents contact information do I need to file a court order to get this information out of her since she is not willing to give me there contact information

Unfortunately, she has no legal duty to help you find them or provide you with that information. Unless you have been appointed as a medical power of attorney or legal guardian for them, then you can't compel her to provide information about where they are if she just wants to be a jerk about it.

.

So rather than trying to go through the courts, I would suggest hiring a private investigator to locate them in FL as that would be a much better use of your money and time as the court can't order her to provide that info to you.

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much