Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My son-to-be ex forwarded me a letter written by his

Customer Question
attorney. As I understood from...
My son-to-be ex forwarded me a letter written by his attorney. As I understood from what you said, his baseless allegations cannot win him the child custody, right? I'm never a violent person and never had any criminal history. Meanwhile, my husband never initiates to contact me and the daughter during this trip, which has been a month. I consider his behavior a sign of not caring about the child. I'm expecting a second baby of his and the due date is December 30. What do you recommend me to do now to secure my child custody right?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
I consider my son-to-be ex' baseless allegations are defamation of character. Doesn't it help if I get a professional evaluation of my mental health? I probably will do it in China and get a notarized translation. Thanks.
Soon-to-be ex
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/7/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

It will help you here.You decide whether to share it.I am not clear on the intent of this letter, he is threatening to file for divorce but he has not done so yet.This is all just allegations here, it may not at all be true.You are free to gather refuting evidence in case he files for divorce and custody its a good idea to do so.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again ad the best here with all.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer