Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My daughter is going away to college can child support be…

Customer Question
my daughter is going away...
my daughter is going away to college can child support be adjusted
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
8/6/2017
Family Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Child support can generally be adjusted because of a change in income of one or both of the parents. However, the child's change in circumstances or needs generally doesn't correlate with a change because child support is based on the parent's income.

Do I have any visitation rights

That depends on what the custody/visitation order says......if there is no custody/visitation order in place, then you can petition the court for visitation to be established.

Even at the age of 18

If the child is an adult, then visitation should be up to you and the child....not the court. The only real exception would be if there is a restriction/protective order preventing contact, etc.

Nothing just mother who is bitter at me

You should take a look at the visitation agreement and see if it has any qualifying mandates that would prohibit visitation....if not, you should be ok to schedule visitation with your child.

Roger, Attorney