Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My daughter is going away to college can child support be

Customer Question

my daughter is going away to college can child support be adjusted
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Child support can generally be adjusted because of a change in income of one or both of the parents. However, the child's change in circumstances or needs generally doesn't correlate with a change because child support is based on the parent's income.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do I have any visitation rights
Expert:  Roger replied 2 months ago.

That depends on what the custody/visitation order says......if there is no custody/visitation order in place, then you can petition the court for visitation to be established.

Expert:  Roger replied 2 months ago.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Even at the age of 18
Expert:  Roger replied 2 months ago.

If the child is an adult, then visitation should be up to you and the child....not the court. The only real exception would be if there is a restriction/protective order preventing contact, etc.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nothing just mother who is bitter at me
Expert:  Roger replied 2 months ago.

You should take a look at the visitation agreement and see if it has any qualifying mandates that would prohibit visitation....if not, you should be ok to schedule visitation with your child.