Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If someone who is 14 is forced to send nudes and have sex…

Customer Question
if someone who is 14...
if someone who is 14 is forced to send nudes and have sex with someone who is 16, in washington who would get in trouble?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/6/2017
Family Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Both of them could be charged with a crime as it is unlawful to send these photos and unlawful to receive them. If, however, the 14 year old was forced to send them, he may be able to avoid prosecution.

Here's the statute the two of them violated.

what if it doesn't have her face in it?

You're both still sending nudes to a minor. It doesn't matter whose nudes they are.

but how would they know that it's her?

It doesn't have to be her. It is illegal for minors to possess pornography. Period. If you are found to be sending it to each other, regardless of whose photos they are, it would be unlawful for you both.

should i just file a police report so the police can get a warrant and look through his phone to find everything?

Yes. If you want to report him and have him prosecuted, the police will need a warrant to see the contents of his cell phone.

if he deleted it or has it in an app with a private password ***** they still be able to find it?

Sorry for the delay. I turned off my computer for the night before the reply.

I can't answer that question with certainty. There are ways of recovering deleted computer data, but they do not always work. So all I can say is that it's possible they can find what was in the app. They can certainly get his password ***** because they could supboena it.

does someone under the age of consent in washington state get in trouble for doing sexual stuff with someone over the age of consent?

Generally, no. The adult is the one who will get in trouble. Note though, that if we're talking here about a 14 and a 16 year old communicating online, neither is over the age of consent, which is 18 when it's online and not in person.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.