Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I changed my middle name last 1AND HALF YRS AGO.WAS TOLD I…

Customer Question
I changed my middle...

I changed my middle name last 1AND HALF YRS AGO.WAS TOLD I COULD NOT USE IT .but i did use it. I am single not married.Could i go to jail

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you begun using the new name? Have you filed a petition in court?

I filed the name change one yr

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I filed for a name change in 2015

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
8/6/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.Nothing criminal in what you mentioned.When you do a name change you should use your new name. If you used your old name it not technically ok but not an offense.Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow up
Awaiting your reply
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did not inform social secuity or the irs
The name change updates the primary agencies but you may do so after the fact.
Not a problem at all!
Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow up