Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I am engaged to a doctor. I recently found out that he has…

Customer Question
I am engaged to...

I am engaged to a doctor. I recently found out that he has been having an affair with a married woman with 3 children for 8 months. This is a very high income case. My question is he has agreed via text to give me a home up to $500,000, continue to pay for private school, and $5000 per month in child support. His lawyer is drawing up papers for these terms. Nothing has been signed yet though. If he retracts and doesn't sign the papers agreeing to this, can I still get my house since I have texts to prove it? Can I file a civil suit for this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

South Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
8/6/2017
Family Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 6 months ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I cannot comment on your specific case, but unfortunately, unless there is a signed agreement, text messages would not be legally binding when it comes to some type of financial support or transfer of real estate.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and good luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

Thank you.

Thank you.

Family Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 5 months ago
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.
Family Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 4 months ago

Thank you.

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law