Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

We live separately now and my soon-to-be ex doesn't

Customer Question
We live separately now...

We live separately now and my soon-to-be ex doesn't contribute any money to the bills, leaving me in a financial crisis. I have been a stay at home mom for 8 years and only have a $735.00-dollar income from our disabled daughter SSI. He is driving the family car he took and I have no way to get around to do the things me and the 5 children must get done. He refuses to pay, refuses to return the car to me, and refuses to respond to any of my calls. What can I do? I don't have funds to pay for another month.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Florida 2014 kia sorento

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes we filed for divorce and I tried to file a temporary support order but it was denied.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's about it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/6/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 11 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Why was the temporary support Order application denied?

Thank you for your cooperation.