How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We live separately now and my soon-to-be ex doesn't

Customer Question

We live separately now and my soon-to-be ex doesn't contribute any money to the bills, leaving me in a financial crisis. I have been a stay at home mom for 8 years and only have a $735.00-dollar income from our disabled daughter SSI. He is driving the family car he took and I have no way to get around to do the things me and the 5 children must get done. He refuses to pay, refuses to return the car to me, and refuses to respond to any of my calls. What can I do? I don't have funds to pay for another month.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: florida 2014 kia sorento
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes we filed for divorce and I tried to file a temporary support order but it was denied.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's about it
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Why was the temporary support Order application denied?

Thank you for your cooperation.