Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a question, can I get the sole custody even if I'm a…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a question, can I get the sole custody even if I'm a illegal immigrant in nyc

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nope, but he is threatening me that he will a custody and visitation while I let him see the baby every week

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Get*

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I file for sole custody even if I'm illegal alien in nyc
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we're not married
8/6/2017
Family Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Generally, yes.

Immigration status does not have to be disclosed to the family court when petition for child custody is filed and also the family court normally would not take immigration status of the parent into consideration when deciding child custody case.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

Thank you.

Please let me know if youhave any related follow up questions?

If not, please positivelyrate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.

Family Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 11 months ago
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.
Family Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 10 months ago

Thank you.