Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Wife’s sister is getting Divorce and wuld like to know if…

Customer Question
Wife’s sister is getting...

Wife’s sister is getting Divorce and wuld like to know if there is a check list or the best way to go about hiring a lawyer without breaking the bank.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

CO

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not her fault, husband is retired from army and she has a dependent that is 16. Also she has a green card and is in the final stages of getting her citizen ship, buts has lived in the US for over 20 years.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
8/5/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.Would you say the other spouse is the money spouse?
she has also noticed that he has multiple financial account hidden from her. He also said she could have the house which is almost paid off if divorce goes without notice. Thinking hes afraid to lose part of military retirement along with some undisclosed financials along with alimony and support.
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Her lawyer can seek to have the ex pay the legal fees.Lawyer should be experienced, local and available with experience dealing with military benefits!Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow up
By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Is my reply clear?