Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need help hopefully reinstating my parental rights in the…

Customer Question
I need help hopefully...

I need help hopefully reinstating my parental rights in the state of Idaho. I signed my rights away in 2009. Since that time my daughter's mother has lost custody of her to due to felony drug charges and multiple CPS involvement cases. My daughter was living with her adoptive father an ex boyfriend of her mother. During her custody with him it was revealed that she had been molested by a friend's teenage son, which as caused her a lot of psychological trauma. To safe guard her adoptive father as placed her in the car of her great grandmother and more or less just dropped her off with out saying good bye. Only leaving specific instructions that she is not to leave the house. I am an Active Duty Air Force service member currently residing in Colorado. I am married with three children. I can provider her a stable him and access to great healthcare and the psychological treatment she so desperately needs. Can anyone please help me restore

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.

My relationship with my daughter, so she doesn't have to suffer the hell she already has?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have charges been filed? What's the status of that case?

As far as I know no charges have been filed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
8/5/2017
Family Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 8 months ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?

Based on what I have described is it possible to have my rights reinstated and regain custody of my daughter?

Thank you for your follow up.

I cannot comment on your specific case, but did the current legal father legally adopt your biological daughter?

As far as I know he did.

Thank you for your follow up.

Were you given any visitation with the minor child?

How old is the child?

Only a one time mutual agreement between myself and the bio mom prior to my custody battle and termination of parental rights. My daughter is 9.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, generally, once parental rights are terminated, such parental rights are extremely rarely reinstated or granted again, especially in cases where another person becomes a legally adoptive parent and if the adoptive parent for some reason losses his/her parental rights, then the child would be placed in foster care or with another relative.

Also, unfortunately, if the parental rights were terminated and the parent who lost parental rights was not given any type of visitation and/or permission to communicate with the minor child by the court, any communications / visitation or contact with the minor child by the parent who lost his rights, could be considered as interference with child custody and could subject the parent to civil and / or criminal consequences.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and good luck!

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law