Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Recently filed divorce with 6 kids, husband has secretly…

Customer Question
Recently filed divorce with...

Recently filed divorce with 6 kids, husband has secretly ordered a rush passport. Are there any court orders that can be filed to prevent him leaving the state of Florida?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

FL

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not about this

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
8/5/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Your lawyer can seek emergency orders for him to surrender the passport.You are still able to divorce if he leaves here, you may have trouble collecting support but the arrears continue until paid.You would have to try and get this in front of the judge quickly with a lawyer.Thats your best option to force him to surrender it while divorce is pending at least.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks and the best here.I know it is all overwhelming sometimes.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.