Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

What are affordable ways to receive healthcare w/o health…

Customer Question
What are affordable ways to...
What are affordable ways to receive healthcare w/o health insurance, especially dental care.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
8/4/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Without health insurance, the person would need to simply work out a cash type of deal for treatment, with a private physician. They can speak with the doctor and share with them what they need treated and see if the doctor will work with them, financially. If they have money, they will not qualify for medicaid, so it would need to be something negotiated with the doctor directly. Another option may be to go to a medical school as they often have clinics there, where the cost is less.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

I'm asking for my boyfriend, he doesn't have much money right now but for some reason doesn't qualify for Medicaid

If he does not qualify, he would need to have to pay out of pocket and work with the doctor or dentist. He can contact the office and see what a visit is or consider going to urgent care.

I'll ask him why he can't get Medicaid, how do you find a physician that is willing to work with low income patients?

You need to call their office and ask what the fees are for a visit and share that he does not have much income and will be paying cash and ask if the doctor will work with him. I know it is not ideal but the doctor sets their own price, so the doctor may help him out.