How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42858
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a family law question. Yes. California, Not yet

Customer Question

Hello. I have a family law question.
JA: Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: California
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not yet
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

What California family law question can I help you with,thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My child's father and I have a 60/40 custody schedule. She's with me the majority of the time. He claims he does not have to help me pay for daycare because when she's in his care, he pays family members to watch her
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I put him on child support and he now pays child support
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is he still liable for helping me with daycare?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Btw, I want to add that he claims he pays family members to watch her but I know that's a lie
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you still there
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

Yes you need to go back and seek to modify child support.This allows for him to pay his share of child care.Usually the court takes the total cost of care and divides it here, he should be paying roughly half.You need to return to seek a raise and modification.

You can do this by going back to child support services with receipts of your child care costs so they seek modification here and force him to pay.

Go here

I appreciate the chance to help you today and wish you the best.Thanks again.

If you cna positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know if you have more.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for this information.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

You are so welcome if you can positive rate 5 stars at op of page it is much appreciated.