Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a family law question. Yes. California, Not yet

Customer Question
Hello. I have a...

Hello. I have a family law question.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any papers been filed in family court?

Yes.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not yet

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
8/4/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

What California family law question can I help you with,thanks.

My child's father and I have a 60/40 custody schedule. She's with me the majority of the time. He claims he does not have to help me pay for daycare because when she's in his care, he pays family members to watch her
I put him on child support and he now pays child support
Is he still liable for helping me with daycare?
Btw, I want to add that he claims he pays family members to watch her but I know that's a lie
Are you still there
Hello???

Yes you need to go back and seek to modify child support.This allows for him to pay his share of child care.Usually the court takes the total cost of care and divides it here, he should be paying roughly half.You need to return to seek a raise and modification.

You can do this by going back to child support services with receipts of your child care costs so they seek modification here and force him to pay.

Go here

https://www.google.com/search?q=california+ag+child+support&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I appreciate the chance to help you today and wish you the best.Thanks again.

If you cna positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Please let me know if you have more.

Thank you for this information.

You are so welcome if you can positive rate 5 stars at op of page it is much appreciated.