Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If the biological parents can't get custody of their child,

Customer Question
If the biological parents can't...
If the biological parents can't get custody of their child, whom is next to get their child?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
8/4/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. The child would be placed in the care and custody of the relative, who can act in the best interest of the child and take care of them and meet their needs. It could be a grandparent, aunt, uncle, or even a family friend, as long as this person can demonstrate the ability to properly care for the child. Preference may be given to an aunt/uncle or grandparent but it is more about who can care for the child the best, ***** ***** time.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Alright now what if the grandparents were next in line to get the child and the GAL recommended they get them, but then this woman whom can't have children, isn't a family friend, and isn't approved as a Foster mom gets custody of her, how is that possible?

How did this women even get involved? Are you saying that the Judge allowed this?