How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to know what my rights are? I gave up a great job and

Customer Question

I need to know what my rights are? I gave up a great job and moved away with a man that I have been living with for 4 years we got married last year june and he is verbally abusive and has asked me to leave the house numerous times. The minute i left my job and moved full time into the house he has made a change for the worst and I need to get out of this marriage. I had a great job that I gave up and a wonderful place that I lived. I need your advise.
JA: Are there any minor children in the relationship?
Customer: no
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: florida
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about this. When you are asking about your rights, do you mean if you divorce this man?