Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

SECOND OPINION - CAN I GET A NEW FAMILY LAWYER TO ANSWER…

SECOND OPINION - CAN I...

SECOND OPINION - CAN I GET A NEW FAMILY LAWYER TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION

WE ARE 3RD PARTY ON CUSTODY ORDER AND THE PARENTS HAVE TAKEN OFF OUT OF STATE WITHOUT TELLING US OR THE COURT! THE COUPLE WERE NEVER MARRIED THEY HAVE TAKEN AWAY ALL OUR CONTACT FROM GRANDKIDS. THE GAL INTERVIEWED US AND THE KIDS LAST WEEK AS WE ARE SEEKING MORE DEFINED RIGHTS ON COURT ORDER. I HAVE GOTTON NASTY TEXTS FROM THE DAD AND FORWARD IT TO MY ATTY WE HAVE A HEARING AUG 28 IN FRONT OF JUDGE. WHAT HAPPENS IF THEY DONT SHOW? CANT THEY BE IN BIG TROUBLE FOR LEAVING

8/4/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Yes, they would be in big trouble. They would be held in contempt of Court. A bench warrant could be issued against them to come back the state and come in front of the Judge.

In the meantime, you should not wait for the August 28 hearing if your custody/visitation rights have been violated. You need to file Emergency Motion with the Court for return of the kids so that you can have your Court ordered visits with the children.

Goodluck with your case,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law