Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I have had my nephews age 22 months and age 4. I have had…

Customer Question
I have had my...

I have had my nephews age 22 months and age 4. I have had them for 19 months Their parents signed guardship to me and my husband. Will we ever be able to adopt them

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We went to court today and judge said he wants to see us feb 1 I throught once got guardship I wouldnt have to go back to court. Neither parents have a home or safe home. I want to adopt them will I be able to ever

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The parents almost let 22 month old die by not feeding him. Doctor sent dfs a letter tell the if this baby didnt come in to care he would be dead in a week. The 4 year old was molasted but no one knows but he has std

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
8/4/2017
Family Lawyer: Thelawman2, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

What you will need to do is go to court and get an official court order terminating parental rights of the old parents and at the same time, file a petition for adoption of the child. What you should look into doing is finding a local family law attorney who can file the necessary paperwork on your behalf to make sure that this all goes smoothly.

Thelawman2
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney