Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

If a man paid child support for years and did get behind he…

Customer Question
If a man paid...

If a man paid child support for years and did get behind he is now 73 and kids are in the 40 Living on social security and has cancer heart trouble can the payment be lower try living on 1000.00 a month and can't work would like a answer to this question

Lawyer's Assistant: You can discuss that with the Family Lawyer or ask for a different Family Lawyer.

Can a man paying child support for years yes he did get behind he is 73 years old now has cancer and heart problems social security takes the same amount from his check can he get payment lower and he can't work

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No do not have the money what can be done if anything

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
8/4/2017
Family Lawyer: JD 1992, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Certainly, he can ask the court to lower the amount and ask the court to consider his special circumstances.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

JD 1992
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer