Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Are their any consequences when having the wrong marriage…

Customer Question
Are their any consequences...

Are their any consequences when having the wrong marriage date on the divorce decree? If that error is found can the divorce be invalid?

Lawyer's Assistant: Are there any minor children from the relationship? What is the custody situation?

We have a 3 year old baby girl and right now their is no custody situation. My daughter is just with her mother while I'm overseas

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I'm from Illinois but I'm currently stationed in Italy

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If the marriage date on the divorce decree is wrong? Can that prevent me from being married again?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
8/4/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. The answer to your question is no, having the wrong marriage date on the divorce decree will not prevent you from getting remarried. What matters is that the divorce has been entered as a judgment in the court in Illinois. What you may want to do his request with the cord that they change the marriage date so that way it appropriately reflects the date that you were married. What you want to do is submit a motion for clarification to reflect the appropriate marriage date.

Although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied so follow up questions are free. Before rating your opinion of my service, feel free to ask any additional questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

Only if you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?