S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
44472555

California divorce papers and I have a medical disability

Customer Question

California divorce papers and I have a medical disability retirement
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 2 months ago.
What is your question?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
California divorce papers, when on disability retirement and spouse has been awarded disability. Won't start unless we're divorced. I have had all I can take of craziness, over spending and comments

Are you asking which papers to file for divorce when both parties are on disability and the other party is overspending?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what papers and what is my responsibility. Also she can have the house and I will continue to for her car

I'm assuming this is a long term marriage, which would prevent you from doing what is called a "Summary Dissolution." If the marriage lasted longer than five years, you would need to file a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage. Here is a set of instructions and forms for doing your own divorce without an attorney. Do you have any questions about that?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for the advice
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wonderful service
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 month ago.

Best of luck. If you have no further questions for me, I'd appreciate if you would rate my answer so I may get credit for my work. Thank you.