How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2512
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

California divorce papers and I have a medical disability

Customer Question

California divorce papers and I have a medical disability retirement
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 2 months ago.
What is your question?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
California divorce papers, when on disability retirement and spouse has been awarded disability. Won't start unless we're divorced. I have had all I can take of craziness, over spending and comments
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 2 months ago.

Are you asking which papers to file for divorce when both parties are on disability and the other party is overspending?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what papers and what is my responsibility. Also she can have the house and I will continue to for her car
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 2 months ago.

I'm assuming this is a long term marriage, which would prevent you from doing what is called a "Summary Dissolution." If the marriage lasted longer than five years, you would need to file a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage. Here is a set of instructions and forms for doing your own divorce without an attorney. Do you have any questions about that?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for the advice
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wonderful service
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 month ago.

Best of luck. If you have no further questions for me, I'd appreciate if you would rate my answer so I may get credit for my work. Thank you.