Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have been y daughter's guardian for 25 yrs. my other

Customer Question
I have been y...

I have been y daughter's guardian for 25 yrs. my other daughter is co guardian. the co guardian has receive monis from her grandparents estates. my daughter who is disabled has not received any monies. however the co guardian has stated she has the monies. what should I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What's the legal status of the mother or father's parental rights? Are there any custody orders in place?

I HAVE COPLETE CUSTODY OVER MY DISABLED DAUGHTER. HER FATHER FOES NOT WANT TO DO ANYTHING.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

YES, MY DAUGHTER CO GUARDIAN WANTS ME OUT OF THE PICTURE.BECUASE SHE OWES HER SISTER OVER $20,000. AND SHE IS SAYING THAT I OVER DRANK AT A WINE PARTY. THIS CO GUARDIAN HAS DONE NOTHING TO HELP HER DISABLED SISTER.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
8/3/2017
Family Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Which State does your question pertain to?

I may be missing this information, however, I do not see the State that your question pertains to?

"I have been y daughter's guardian for 25 yrs. my other daughter is co guardian. the co guardian has receive monis from her grandparents estates. my daughter who is disabled has not received any monies. however the co guardian has stated she has the monies. what should I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What's the legal status of the mother or father's parental rights? Are there any custody orders in place?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

YES, MY DAUGHTER CO GUARDIAN WANTS ME OUT OF THE PICTURE.BECUASE SHE OWES HER SISTER OVER $20,000. AND SHE IS SAYING THAT I OVER DRANK AT A WINE PARTY. THIS CO GUARDIAN HAS DONE NOTHING TO HELP HER DISABLED SISTER."

Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR as your previous contributor left.
What state are you in? What does the court guardianship order state about whether or not the co-guardians can act independently or must act together?
What have you done so far about this?