Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Need pro bono attorney for divorce, Florida, Spouse has sued…

Customer Question
Need pro bono attorney...

Need pro bono attorney for divorce

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Spouse has sued for divorce

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Individual needing assistance is an exemplary father under financial duress with two children whose wife left and after three years is now suing for divorce.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
8/3/2017
Family Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

There is no right to a free attorney in civil cases, so it's difficult to find full pro-bono representation. There are agencies who do provide assistance but they are typically understaffed and overwhelmed with applicants. However, even if they cannot take on your particular case, you should be able to get hands-on assistance so that you can handle the matter capably for yourself.

Here's a list of pro bono agencies in your state.

apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/findlegalhelp/freehelp.cfm?id=FL

You may have to make a number of phone calls, but you should be able to find help. Also, lawyers in the pro bono loop may know of others, so ask them for referrals if they cannot help you themselves, and don't get too discouraged.

Florida has a number of law schools. Another good resource available for free or low priced legal assistance is law school clinics where law students research, write and handle actual cases and issues under the supervision of a practicing professor/lawyer. Some of these law school clinics have excellent reputations, and if a court appearance is called for, the professor goes to court.

Law students are trained legal researchers. They are energetic, idealistic and enjoy putting their efforts into a cause they can believe in. Here's a link to FloridaLaw school clinics. The kinds of clinics that they have are noted on the list. These clinics are either free to the public or have a sliding fee scale.

https://www.google.com/search?q=florida+law+school+clinics&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS525US525&oq=florida+law+school+clinics&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2.7995j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Hope this helps.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.