Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a domestic partnership with my ex we have a 5yrbold…

Customer Question
I have a domestic...

I have a domestic partnership with my ex we have a 5yrbold some he was born while we were together she has now since the last month taken him away from me. I have been the sole provider since birth for the child I'm the only one one takes him to the doctor,pays for recreational activities our of town trips etc since birth I was there thru the whole 9mths and cut the umbilical cord. I live in ft lauderdale,FL could I prove to be a de facto parent and getting my son back.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

2 different lawyers one told me I had no rights and the other said I have some rights.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want my son back this is emotionally damaging him.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
8/3/2017
Family Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Just to make sure I understand --- the child is not your biological child and you and the mother were never married.......is that right?