Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I am in the middle of a custody battle. The childs lawyer

Customer Question
I am in the middle...
I am in the middle of a custody battle. The childs lawyer placed a motion to dismiss due to insufficient reason for custody. The judge asked me to submit letters to. The father and mother of child as well as lawyer of child. Father and mother are divorced. Father is a dead beat dad. In and out of prision due to drugs and robbing houses. Father has also sexually molested the child. Mother is struggling with issues from rape molest and sodemy. She is in and out of relationships with guys who are abusing her. Last abuse has also included my granddaughter with an open wound to the forehead and burned with a cigarette in the hair. Reports from the hospital said physical abuse with no arrest to the man. Which brings me to believe my family is being attacked through the legal system. Which has been going on since my children were babies. What should I do? My daughter is a great mother but she is being manipulated through the stsyem.
JA: Have charges been filed? What's the status of that case?
Customer: No charges. I went to police and the man was not arrested. The child stated who hit her. It was the man.
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Ny
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There is alot. I belive I have a lawsuit on my hands.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/3/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Child protection social workers are some of the most negligent and incompetent people you would ever deal with. Normally they remove children from parents who simply breath wrong and stand up to the social workers, but because cases like you describe are more difficult and require more work by the lazy social workers they seem to never get involved.
You need to get the actual physical evidence in front of the court of the physical abuse and the danger that the mother is putting the child in. If the judge does not see what you describe as danger (presuming you present the evidence to the court) you then need to file an appeal of the judge's decision, because what you describe is certainly grounds for changing custody and taking that child away from the mother until the mother obtains treatment for her issues at least.
At this point, if you do not have a local attorney involved, you really need to get one to protect the child and make sure your evidence is properly presented in accordance with the rules of evidence so the judge can consider that evidence.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer