Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How do I get a will in place? Can I put revisions on what…

Customer Question
How do I get a...
How do I get a will in place? Can I put revisions on what happens to my child if I something happens to me? Like who gets custody? I have him 95% of the time?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
8/3/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

How do I get a will in place?

Response: You can use one of the forms website or an estate planning Attorney to prepare a Will for you. Ms. Suze Orman has very good will preparation software that you can use. You can purchase the software here or here.

Can I put revisions on what happens to my child if I something happens to me?

Response 2: Yes, if the other parent is not around and cannot have custody of the child. The Will CANNOT modify a valid custody Order.

Like who gets custody? I have him 95% of the time?

Response 3: Yes, if the other parent is not around or has been prohibited from having custody of the child by the Court.

Best wishes,