Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley,
Experience:  Owner at The Protection Group LLC
99092957

I had applied for child support since 2001. Nothing happened

Customer Question

Hi, I had applied for child support since 2001. Nothing happened until last year in May 2016. My daughter graduated this year in June 6, 2017, her child support stopped. I don't think it's fair, my daughter only got help for 1 year. She will go to College. Child Support called me yesterday that the father has been calling them to know when he is going to stop being obligated to pay child support. What can I do to help my daughter get more help from her father who never care about her.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much does it cost to get a lawyer. I'm a single parent. I don't make a lot of money. The father is a Immigration patrol who makes a lot of money.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 2 months ago.
Why the 15 year gap?
If you applied in 2001 why did it take until 2016 for an order to be entered?