How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2512
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a women who is divorced I have two kids one is 12 and

Customer Question

I am a women who is divorced I have two kids one is 12 and the other one is 10 their dad is planning to take them on vacation to Hawaii next week but I am scared he might take them to Palestine and I would not see them a gain, in our divorce paper it agreed between us that I have full custody of the kids he can see them twice a months Saturday to Sunday and if he need to travel he need to get my promotion, I know that the airlines and the airport they don't check , how can I put an allert on the airport to protect my kids from leaving this country
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am from ca state
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 2 months ago.

Some airlines do check, but not all. Have you checked to see if he obtained passports for the children? Also, does he have the right to travel to Hawaii with them per the terms of the court order?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The kids want to go with him so I will write a letter for him to take them to Hawi but my concern he might take them back home from Hawai he has their passport is their anyway I can cancel those passports
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can some body help me with my question
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 2 months ago.

How did he get the passports? You can ask for an emergency order requiring him to turn the passports over to you before his vacation. Another possibility is to talk to your children and give them emergency cell phones. Train them to look at the flight they're boarding and make sure they're going to Hawaii. If they see that it is not Hawaii tell them not to get on the plane and to call you immediately. Make sure they look both on the way to Hawaii and on the way out. You can also give them an envelope to give to the airline staff if they think that the flight is to the wrong place.

Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 2 months ago.

Make sure you get from him the airlines and flight numbers. You can ask to see the tickets - both ways, before he goes.

Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 2 months ago.

There are also tracking devices that you could attach to some belonging that always travels with your children. You can see where they are at all times. That way, if you saw that they were flying somewhere other than Hawaii, you would have time to go into court and get an ex parte order for the return of the child and get police intervention to try to get the children off the plane before they reach Palestine. This can happen if there is a layover in a country that cooperates in child abduction matters.

Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 2 months ago.

Has he threatened to take the kids to Palestine before?