Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

SINCE MY LAST QUESTION WE HAD OUR GUARDIAM AD LIEDEM APPT

Customer Question

A FOLLOW UP SINCE MY LAST QUESTION WE HAD OUR GUARDIAM AD LIEDEM APPT AND THE THE GAL INTERVIEWED 7 YEAR OLD EMMA (GRANDDAUGHTER( WITHOUT PARENTS KNOWLEDGE. THE MOM HAD A PHONE IN INTERVIEW AND OF COURSE THE DAD NEVER DID CALL IN. HE HAS 2 WARRANTS AND A 3RD COMING FRIDAY. HE IS TREATNING US SAYING "WE WILL NEVER SEE THE KIDS AGAIN: SAYING HE IS MOVING OUT OF STATE WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND AND THE KIDS AND MOTHER AND NOBODY WILL KNOW WHERE WE ARE!! WE HAVE A COURT APPT AUG 29 ANNOUNCING GAL DECISION BUT THEY WILL BE LONG GONE! THE COPS TRIED TO GET HIM BUT HE AVOIDED IT AND TAUNTED ME AND MY WIFE THINKING WE CALLED THEM (WHICH WE DIDINT) WE HAVE A VAGUE WORDED COURT ORDER AS 3RD PARTY AND ARE SEEKING A MORE DEFINED ORDER WITH TIMES DATES ETC. WE ARENT EVEN ASKING FOR ANYTHING ELSE BUT THEY WANT US OUT OF THE PICTURE! WE DO EVERYTHING WITH THESE KIDS AND THET HATE US! ITS UNBELIEVABLE. I HAVE NOTHIMG BUT THREAT ON TEXTS, CALLING US AWFUL NAMES AND IT DOESNT STOP. WOULD SHOULD WE DO?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
At this point you need to first contact the GAL and inform them of the threat he made to flee the jurisdiction of the court with the children. You need to ask them to ask the court for an emergency ex parte order of temporary custody until these issues are resolved. If the GAL refuses to assist you in the best interests of the child, then I am afraid your only remaining option because this is unfolding so fast is that you need to use a local attorney to file your own emergency ex parte motion to seek to get temporary custody to prevent him from fleeing the state with the child. Once he flees the state, then it can be tough to get the court to file parental kidnapping warrants on him and he does not seem to be the type that care much about warrants anyhow.
So, at this point start with the GAL and if they will not take it to court on an emergency motion, you will need to have a local attorney to take your matter before the court for the threats and seek to get custody of the children until the court can decide this issue and get a more definite order in place.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just got charged again and I asked another question!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please help!!!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
dad sent a nasty text saying him and the mother and his girlfriend have all left the state . did not tell the court us anybody we have a aug 28 hearing in front of judge for gal recommendation they have cut off all communication. dad now has 3 misdemeanor warrants and facing 3rd and 4th owi. attorney doesn't seem worried. she is going to call guardiam what next?
Thank you for your reply.
You posted a new question asking for a new lawyer, in ALL CAPS. When you post a new question, the site charges each time.
Calling the GAL is the only remaining recourse you have here in addition to your attorney and convincing your attorney to file an emergency motion as I said above. That is the only real legal option you have on this matter, as the court is the only one who can order them to return and put out an order to issue another warrant for him for leaving the jurisdiction of the court.