Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

I got divorced while in Germany my ex filed in North

Customer Question

I got divorced while in Germany my ex filed in North Carolina. I live in Missouri now and Missouri has a child support law that states he needs to pay child support while our son is in college. Which state do I follow NC or Missouri
JA: How old is the child? Is there an agreement for payment of child support?
Customer: yes he just turned 18
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just want to know if I can go for extended child support until my son graduates college?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. The answer to your question is that you're going to follow the law of the state that issued the order. One thing that you could do is you could file for petition of a modification of You original child support order if you are looking to get the child support extended until you're son graduates college. You would file this action in Missouri and it would be up to the court to decide whether they are going to make that change or honor the original order..

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?