How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 3 year old daughter is with her father and he refuses to

Customer Question

Hello. My 3 year old daughter is with her father and he refuses to let me see her or know her wherabouts. He is not on the birth certificate nor have we had any legal agreements. Authorities say there is nothing they can do. She's been with him for a week and a half now. I can't afford a lawyer, so I would have to get a free one which is a long process. I did my intake about a week ago and still haven't heard anything. I don't think I should go that long without seeing her. She starts pre-k on the 8th and pretty sure he won't take her, just like the doctors appointment. Are there anymore options? Chancery doesn't offer documents to file so I'm lost.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if you need a court order to solve this problem? If not, can you tell me your question?