S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
44472555

My grandsons mom has a standing g order for child support

Customer Question

My grandsons mom has a standing g order for child support from Louisiana,she fled to new York,she has 2younger daughters and is currently pregnant with yet a fourth child due in 3months ...I've has my grandson for 3years but have custody since 1_09-15,,she is currently in arrears of 1600 $,case was transferred from maryland to new York in May 2017,,,,Does this affect her public. Assistance???
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Child support was established in Louisiana,,transferred to n.y. and I am currently in Maryland
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I am dealing directly with maryland child support,so no not private one ..just curious .
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Haven't nD contract in over a year ,,I am the paternal grandmother,have never received a dime ,,bday present holiday gift or any thing at all in 3years,,,he is also a so.. needs child ....
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 2 months ago.

Being in arrears on child support will not affect her ability to get public assistance, or affect the amount she receives. Does this answer your question?