Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My grandsons mom has a standing g order for child support…

Customer Question
My grandsons mom has...

My grandsons mom has a standing g order for child support from Louisiana,she fled to new York,she has 2younger daughters and is currently pregnant with yet a fourth child due in 3months ...I've has my grandson for 3years but have custody since 1_09-15,,she is currently in arrears of 1600 $,case was transferred from maryland to new York in May 2017,,,,Does this affect her public. Assistance???

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Child support was established in Louisiana,,transferred to n.y. and I am currently in Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I am dealing directly with maryland child support,so no not private one ..just curious .

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Haven't nD contract in over a year ,,I am the paternal grandmother,have never received a dime ,,bday present holiday gift or any thing at all in 3years,,,he is also a so.. needs child ....

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
8/2/2017
Family Lawyer: S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney replied 1 year ago
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney

Being in arrears on child support will not affect her ability to get public assistance, or affect the amount she receives. Does this answer your question?