Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I need an urgent solution. I am the custodial parent of my

Customer Question
Hi I need an urgent...
Hi I need an urgent solution. I am the custodial parent of my child and have sole physical custody. About 2 years ago I had to move for work and my daughter and I agreed it was best for her to live with her mother for a stable place to be weekly etc ( I had to travel a lot ). During that time she was schooled via online homeschooling. We now want to enrol her in high school in the district where she lives with her mother but I am concerned she will not be able to since I am still legally the custodial parent. I want her to go to school there and so does she and her mum. What can I do as this has to happen within a week
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes but it is taking time in the legal system and we don't want her to not start school next week
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes the custody was enforced in the Michigan court system, where I previously resided
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
8/2/2017
Family Lawyer: originallawyer, Family Law Attorney replied 3 months ago
originallawyer
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney

Hello! Please stand by as I work on your answer!

Hello:

Until you can formally change your custody order, you can use a form like this https://2ytt3i133a1n3xwxd52mztun-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Temporary-Guardianship-Agreement-11.pdf that the school district should accept. This should enable the mother to enroll your daughter in school.

originallawyer
originallawyer
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney