Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

A dissolution judgment awarded most of my retirement savings…

Customer Question
A dissolution judgment awarded...

A dissolution judgment awarded most of my retirement savings to my X, leaving me with my premarriage land and home. An appeal is in process. I have filed a tort claim which has survived motions to dismiss & strike. I filed a temporary injunction on the transfer of my assets to her, as awarded by the divorce court, pending the outcome of this tort case to preserve these assets. Is this permissible?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Connecticut

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I filed a motion for temporary injunction on the transfer of the assets from me to her as awarded by the divorce court (as previously stated)

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
8/2/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, eligible to practice in front of state and federal court, who is ready to help. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here to see my ratings information) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. The answer to your question is yes, this is permissible. An injunction is a request by one party to prohibit the other party from doing something or to required the other party to do something pending the result of the litigation. By filing a tort claim, and then filing an injunction separately, the court will review the injunction first to determine whether they are going to approve it or not. Keep in mind that the court may deny the injunction and it may require the property to be transferred in the meantime.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/family-law/al69i-dissolution-judgment-awarded-retirement-savings.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.

Hello, I wanted to follow up with you and see if I can help you with this further.