Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Need aid in family matter concernin my home and ownership of…

Customer Question
Need aid in family...

Need aid in family matter concernin my home and ownership of 1930 model A

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any papers been filed in family court?

Was informed by son and daughter they had ownership of said vehicle and home and there was nothing I could do about it, called christiansburg police last evening son and I had words I do not know any thing about papers in family court

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes said vehicle was signed by son without my permission at dmv as owner would not sign over he would own upon my death because he would sale vehicle I will drive at my leaisure and remain as owner daughter and son said they would stand together if I tried to change vehicle back into myself that they had decided this

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
8/2/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

I am so sorry this happened to you.You will need your own lawyer to sue here for recovery of all of this or the value.They have defrauded you , signed these away without permission.You can sue here for all of this.You will need a lawyer to do this immediately.I know this is tough suing family but they obviously took advantage of you.

Lawyer for you here

Virginia Lawyer Referral Services  

Attorney referral service in Richmond, Virginia

Address: 1111 E Main St Suite 700, Richmond, VA 23219

Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

The lawyer may better be able to bring the police into this as well as sue in civil court.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and the best here.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.