Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Do you know how many panels dfcs will usually run on a hair…

Customer Question
Do you know how...

Do you know how many panels dfcs will usually run on a hair follicle test

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Ga

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes but I am looking to replace I have been dealing with this for 6 years

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They say I failed for meth but I take adderall

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
I was given a hair follicle test through DFCS. They say I have failed for meth but I take adderall and that would show up as amphetamines. When I ask what number of panels they test for she told me the basic 5 but added it also test for just meth. I have never seen a 6 panel test and I they have been accusing me of all these things. I am trying to get another independent test done.
8/2/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Actually, DFCS in GA uses either a 5 panel (5 panel expanded) or 10 panel or 12 panel test and it is up to the discretion of the social worker requesting the test as to what they will request. There is no law restricting them as to what test they will use.
Here is a list of what each panel tests for:
The 5 panel hair follicle drug test screens for the following
Amphetamine
Cocaine
Marijuana
Opiates
Phencyclidine
5 Panel w/ Expanded Opiates Hair Follicle Drug Test
The 5 panel w/ expanded Opiates hair drug test screens for the standard 5 drugs but will also screen for Opiate class drugs such as pain killers, which may indicate abuse of prescription drugs
Amphetamine
Cocaine
Codeine
Marijuana
Morphine
Phencyclidine
Hydrocodone
Hydromorphone
Oxycodone
Oxymorphone
6 AM- Heroine
10 Panel Hair Follicle Drug Test
The 10 panel hair follicle drug test screens for the following
Amphetamines
Barbiturates
Benzodiazepines
Cocaine
Marijuana
Methadone
Methamphetamine
Opiates
Phencyclidine
Propoxyphene
12 Panel Hair Follicle Drug Test
The 12 panel hair follicle drug test screens for the following
Amphetamines
Barbiturates
Benzodiazepines
Cocaine
Marijuana
Meperidine
Methadone
Opiates
Oxycodone
Phencyclidine
Propoxyphene
Tramadol
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Thank you! Have you ever heard of them doing a 5 panel plus adding just methamphetamines
Thank you for your reply.
The DCFS social worker can request specific drugs be tested for in addition to the panel and they do so frequently if they have some reason to suspect a particular drug.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer