Sierra900
Sierra900, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice law in California
19551178

I just had an ex-lover do something really cruel to me and

Customer Question

Hello, I just had an ex-lover do something really cruel to me and I'm not sure if I can do anything about it. I've tried to seek a permanent injunction but was denied a permanent injunction. Now I'm trying to see if I can seek a claim for IIED but so far it seems like there is nothing I can do but accept the suffering that she has caused me
JA: Are there any minor children from the relationship? What is the custody situation?
Customer: No children involved
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That this ex-lover has pictures of me regarding my foot fetish that they sent out to my family and friends. In order to stop them I tried to file for a permanent injunction. I did not receive a permanent injunction however she has not tried to contact any of my friends and family or send out the pictures. However I'm afraid she could wait till everything dies down and then later send out the pictures. My foot fetish is a very private thing an it's considered weird and taboo to a lot of people. So i really need some type of legal deterrence so she doesn't decide to send out these pictures in the future
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Sierra900 replied 2 months ago.

I will try and help. What exactly did they do that was cruel? So far it sounds like they only possess photos and have not done anything with them. How did this person acquire the photos? What suffering do you mean?

DCG

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My ex-lover knew I was engaged when she for involved with me. She kept seeing me even though she knew, when I decided to end the affair she then starred messaging my fiancee, family and friends and telling them what a liar and cheat I am. She include the foot fetish pictures we took. She also knew that my foot fetish was private and for that reason my face is not in any of the pictures. My fiancee called off the wedding which was supposed to take place July 23, 2017.

I will try and help. Forgive me, but it seems that the decision to involve yourself with this woman was a voluntary one and, to the extent she revealed (or opined publically) that you lack a degree of integrity (forgive me) in your personal relationships, I would says that this is true (and that is the standard for libel and slander). It has to be a false statement. This is certainly a matter of opinion and you will be unable to prove it false based on the facts you offered. As to the photographs, if your face is not in them and feet do not have distinguishing features, you probably can't prove invasion of privacy without admitting the photos are in fact of you - something I think you would not want to do. You certainly can't blame this person for the failure of your relationship as they had made no commitment to your fiancé unlike you. I would sit tight and hope that it passes without the photos being further distributed.

I hope this helps.

DCG