Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Ive had physical custody of my kids for ten years. not a…

Customer Question
Ive had physical custody...

Ive had physical custody of my kids for ten years. not a cent from their mom. I'm broke what do I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Tried to get her served that long ago but she couldn't be found

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
8/2/2017
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 9 months ago
Michael Bradley

you would need to file for child support again and hopefully domestic relations can try to find her

you need as much information as you can find on her DOB SS number etc.

Lets say I have those things. Just file for child support that's it? No one has custody legally. I'm thinkin 10 years on my side is good right?
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 9 months ago

yes 10 years is good

Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 9 months ago

since they are with you you can file for child support.

having them 10 years will establish that they have been with you a significant time

Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley