Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need to sue an attorney for malpractice and ehics, I am in…

Customer Question
I need to sue...

I need to sue an attorney for malpractice and ehics

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?

I am in iowa and has nothing to do with medical

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

It is a case involving a trust where my attorney failed to do 2 telephone conferences with the judge and the apposing attorney and failed to give the evidence provided to him

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It is not just one attorney! It involves a 1.4 million dollar trust where my siblings hired another attorney who made out a new trust while I was poa and my mother's attorney was someone else

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
8/2/2017
Family Lawyer: Thelawman2, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

First, to report an attorney for violation of the ethics rules, you can go to the following website and download the form at the bottom of the page: http://www.iowacourts.gov/For_Attorneys/Attorney_Standards__Discipline/Disciplinary_Procedures/

Second, if you are going to bring a malpractice lawsuit against an attorney, you are going to need to find a local attorney in your area who handles malpractice cases, otherwise it is going to be pretty much impossible to win against another attorney in court. You can try to find an attorney on avvo.com who handles malpractice claims in your area.

Thelawman2
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney