Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Im currently going through mediation for visitation right…

Customer Question
Im currently going through mediation...
Im currently going through mediation for visitation right with my daughter we cant come to an agreement what is the law on time limit the judge can set my court date out.... They set it for three months from now is there anyway to expidite the date
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. A lot has to do with the Judges docket and scheduling and if things are set that far out, it is likely because of a heavy case load. However, if it is set for hearing in three months, you may want to consider filing a motion and asking the Judge for a temporary order, if you are not allowed or having any visitation at this time. You also can call the clerk of court or judicial assistant of the Judge and see if there is any way to set this sooner, if there is an opening.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Ely, Counselor at Law