Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley,
Experience:  Owner at The Protection Group LLC
99092957

I need to write an objection letter to the court of a qdro

Customer Question

I need to write an objection letter to the court of a qdro until I can get in to see my lawyer. I only have 5 days to respond. How would I go about doing this? what do I need to say in the objection letter?
JA: What's the purpose of the letter? To whom is it being written?
Customer: it is being written to me notifying me that I need to give 30 days notice prior to retirement and now trying to add a paragraph stating that if I die prior to retirement, that my current spouse is not entitled to any of my retirement.
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: WV divorce was in 2008 and only entitled them to 50% of my retirement between 1992-2008
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, just need to write an objection letter because I only have 5 days to respond and I can't get in to see my lawyer in that amount of time
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 2 months ago.

you can write a simple letter at this time that you are objecting to some of the terms of the proposed qdro

just enough to put the court on notice that you object

then you can see your attorney