Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Is it illegal for my daughters step mother to put herself…

Customer Question
Is it illegal for...

Is it illegal for my daughters step mother to put herself down as the biological mother on her medical records when i still have rights

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I live in bloomington indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I just found this out and im needing advice in where to go and what to do the right and legal way...im scared that they could end up getting the wrong medicine or taking her off of her medicine if they arent giving the right family history because my daughter has ADD

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a child custody and visitation hearing on oct. 6th

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
my daughters father and step mother are refusing to give any information on myself or my family to doctors or any other educational, medical or legal persons and are now her step mother is taking her out of therapy and away from her doctor to switch to who they say is "a person she can talk to in another county that will give her the real medicine that she needs if she really needs it". all of this was decided just after they were served with papers from the courts about our upcoming hearing for me to get back visitation and joint custody. i still have my rights and they are putting her step mother down on the paperwork as her biological mother. i am scared that this is going to mess up her medicine and i am wondering if it is even legal for them to do that and how to go about dealing with this situation. my daughter has ADD and has been in counseling for a very long time now and she is only 10yrs old... what can i do... would this be an issue for DCS.
out hearing is on october 6th 2017 at 2 pm in bloomington indiana
8/1/2017
Family Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
it is illegal for hr to put herself down as the Biological mother. She only has the legal right to put her name on documents as her mother, IF SHE Adopted Her.If not, then at your next court hearing on 10/6/17 you should inform the judge that she is putting her name on documents as her biological mother.
You need to stress to the judge that you are seeking to establish custody and that they are not giving her the proper medicine and treatment for her ADD. That is an issue for DCS and you can file a report to establish a record for your next hearing.I hope this clarifies. Please don't forget to rate the question with stars for credit and tracking so that I will receive payment for assisting you with your question.
If you have any other questions please just ask