How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help filing for full custody of my son. His father

Customer Question

I need help filing for full custody of my son. His father and I already have split custody, but he has moved out of state and his parents are trying to get custody.
JA: Who has legal custody? Is there a child custody order in place?
Customer: Yes. His father and I have joint custody. But I want sole custody.
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Colorado.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm desperate. My son's grandparents are trying to move across the state and they are planning to take my son. I can't let that happen.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Longhorn Lawyer replied 2 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you may receive an automatic phone call offer. I do not send that offer, the system does. Feel free to accept it if you would like to talk on the phone. Otherwise, we can continue here.

Also, if you are waiting for a while for my response, it is because we are very busy or I am preparing a response to your question. I promise that I will be here to help you. So please do not click Opt Out and do not close the question. This will only result in further delays while you wait for another Expert. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

So what are your questions about this?