Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I need help filing for full custody of my son. His father

Customer Question

I need help filing for full custody of my son. His father and I already have split custody, but he has moved out of state and his parents are trying to get custody.
JA: Who has legal custody? Is there a child custody order in place?
Customer: Yes. His father and I have joint custody. But I want sole custody.
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Colorado.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm desperate. My son's grandparents are trying to move across the state and they are planning to take my son. I can't let that happen.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Longhorn Lawyer replied 2 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you may receive an automatic phone call offer. I do not send that offer, the system does. Feel free to accept it if you would like to talk on the phone. Otherwise, we can continue here.

Also, if you are waiting for a while for my response, it is because we are very busy or I am preparing a response to your question. I promise that I will be here to help you. So please do not click Opt Out and do not close the question. This will only result in further delays while you wait for another Expert. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

So what are your questions about this?