How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am extremely angry because my daughter can't afford a

Customer Question

I am extremely angry because my daughter can't afford a lawyer and the deadbeat dad refuses to pay child support for more than a year now. She can't use the states attorney because of another case she is involved in right now. She where do we go from here?
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.

She can file a motion in family court. The court can hold him in contempt and issue a judgment. The clerks office can help fill out the motion, which avoids lawyer fees!